List:       user-mode-linux-devel
Subject:    [uml-devel] more on partitons
From:       "James McMechan" <james_mcmechan () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-09-29 22:27:10

Ok, this version gets rid of the partition problems I was seeing
It is still against 2.4.9-8um

Apparently the partition code and mke2fs were interacting
badly with the 1024 sector size in hardsect_sizes[]

Also why was HDIO_SET_UNMASKINR testing the minor number?
It appears to do nothing and that for anything other than the first it will
fail? Why?

I can happly mke2fs and mount on uml and loop mount on
host without finding any more problems.

It may be necessary to ask on lkml what they would suggest for naming.
Booting like

./linux ubd1=COW1,part_fs root=ubd18

confused even me while I was writing it.

./linux ubd0=disk root=ubd0 #first disk as a whole disk
or
./linux ubd0=disk root=ubd1 #first disk first partition

still work, it just the later ubd's that give problems for root=

["partition.gz" (application/x-gzip)]