List:       user-mode-linux-devel
Subject:    [uml-devel] User-Mode -> Windows
From:       "John Zedlewski" <zedlwski () Princeton ! EDU>
Date:       2001-09-20 21:29:56

Hey folks,
  I've been tracking User-Mode Linux for a while now, and I'm really
interested in doing the port to Windows, if that's all right with you
all. Specifically, I have to do a year long thesis as a computer science
major at Princeton, and I've found an advisor willing to support the
UML-Win port. The good part is that, well, I can't graduate if I don't
accomplish something, so you don't have to worry about my giving up on
the project. I'm hoping to maintain page for the project at
http://www.princerton.edu/~zedlwski/umlwin/, but it's pretty weak right
now.
  So, I guess I have two questions:
 	- Is this going to be completely duplicating somebody else's
work or stepping on any toes?
	- Is there any previous work on a Windows port, or other tips
that I might've missed?
Thanks a lot,
 --John Zedlewski