List:       unison-users
Subject:    Re: [unison-users] Looking for changes on a network drive takes ages
From:       "Eduard Braun Eduard.Braun2 () gmx ! de [unison-users]" <unison-users-noreply () yahoogr
Date:       2014-09-25 11:26:48

Good news:
It seems the solution to my problem was there all the time (at least in
the latest beta version of Unison) but is sadly not documented yet.

The command line option -repeat=watch did the trick for me. This way,
the file watcher is constantly looking for changes in both roots (local
and on the network drive) and syncs as soon as a change occurs (but only
the specific changes, it does not scan the whole root again). Detection
of changes on the network drive seems to work without a problem!

Regards
Eduard

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional