List:       unison-users
Subject:    [unison-users] I just wanted to =?UTF-8?Q?say=E2=80=A6?=
From:       Russel Winder <russel () winder ! org ! uk>
Date:       2014-03-11 10:45:27

…day-by-day I find it impossible to over-estimate how f@@@@@ brilliant
Unison is. I have yet to find a filestore mirroring task at which it
doesn't "Just Work"™, even to the extent of getting things absolutely
right after a forcible break.

Many thanks to everyone who has worked constructively on Unison
throughout it's history.

The one difficulty for me is that it is implemented in OCaml. Why is
this a problem for me? The Linux world has moved from GTK+2 to GTK+3 but
OCaml appears not to have moved on, lablGTK at least, which is the
important bit for Linux GUIs for OCaml-implemented systems. Sadly I
suspect there is no resource to ensure labllGTK supports GTK+3, or port
Unison to a native code language such as D, which whilst being an
imperative language has many of the programming features of a functional
programming language, not to mention supports GTK+3. If only there was a
source of funding to get this port resourced.
--
Russel.