List:       unison-users
Subject:    RE: [unison-users] Sync twp PCs (A and C) through a third (B)
From:       Karl M <karlm30 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-31 18:44:57

> To: marco
> CC: unison-users
> From: alan
> Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 16:12:46 +0100
> Subject: Re: [unison-users] Sync twp PCs (A and C) through a third (B)
>

> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Marco Grazzi> wrote:
>
> > Dear Unison Users,
>

> > I am facing a rather difficult issue (at least to me).
>

> > I want to sync A and C.
>
> > C is behind some protection/firewall so that to reach C, I have to ssh
>
> > on B (a third PC).
>
> > Is it possible (and can you hint about how to do it) to sync A and C
>
> > without having a physical copy of the files I want to be sync'ed on B?
>
> > For disk space and privacy (B is a server with many users) I would like
>
> > to bypass having a physical copy on B.
>

> Can't you create a ssh tunnel through B prior to launching the synchronization?
>

> Alan

If you set up a config file in your .ssh folder you can use the ssh option \
ProxyCommand to get through the firewall. Just make sure that you have netcat (nc) \
available on machine B and you can use something like the following
Host machine-c
  HostName MachineC
  ProxyCommand ssh MachineB nc -w 10 %h %p 2>/dev/null

then you can access your MachineC behind the firewall with

ssh machine-c

and unison can also work with that.

HTH,

...Karl