List:       unison-users
Subject:    Re: [unison-users]
From:       LogicDaemon <logicdaemon () mobilmir ! ru>
Date:       2008-06-18 12:13:12

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:26:08 +0400, Vascular Diagnostic <rootvdl@msn.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I'm new to Unison. How do I download and install the Unison product?

I guess you use Windowze. variants:

a) If http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/download.html is not enought you \
probably better try Microsoft SyncToy or NTFRS.

b) (more polite)
    1. get windows binaries from \
http://alan.petitepomme.net/projets/unison/index.html;  2. get and install GTK+ for \
Windows from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=235  3. unpack \
binaries from zip to some dir (try "%ProgramFiles%\unison")  4. "Unison-2.??.?? \
Text.exe" is console version, "Unison-2.??.?? Gtk+.exe" is GUI version  5. Manual is \
here: http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/download/releases/stable/unison-manual.html
  Guess you'll need it.

> will it work on Vista and Windows Server 2008 and 2003?
yep, it should. At least works for me.

> will it do byte to byte simultaneous write in its mirroring?
not sure about what you ask (simulatenous?).
1. unison isn't realtime;
2. unison will synchronize replicas regardless of their contents by default, so \
synchronized files are byte-to-byte identical after synchronization.

--
Regards,
Derbenjov Anton AKA LogicDaemon

<*> Your email settings: