List:       unison-users
Subject:    [unison-users] "Portable Unison" or: Running Unison from a Flash Drive
From:       Lennart Schuetz <luas () web ! de>
Date:       2005-12-02 15:09:21

For quite some time, I used Unison 2.10.4 from a USB drive, which really
worked fine. I was able to start the GUI without installing any
components on the host PC.
Now, after upgrading to 2.13.16, this does not work any longer. Unison
says that several files were missing. Therefore, I extracted the GTK
installer and copied all files from the \bin-directory to the folder
from which I run Unison. The mentioned messages appear no longer, but
Unison crashes with the message

Pango-ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape); assertion failed:
(glyphs->num_glyphs > 0) aborting

Is there any way to run Unison without installation, without setting
environment variables etc.? If yes, which file structure do I need on my
USB drive?

Thanks in advance!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2jUsvC/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM