List:       unison-users
Subject:    [unison-users] bugs (ignore and OSX file names)
From:       E Lewis <eclewis () cis ! upenn ! edu>
Date:       2004-05-20 14:22:34

Unisonizers,  I've observed what appear to be bugs (in 2.9.20).  I
couldn't find these in the archive, but I apologize if they are
duplicates.

1. I'm synchronizing two file systems, ignoring case (server is Linux,
client is Mac OS X).  The Linux side has two files, foo.o and Foo.o.
Despite the fact that I am ignoring .o files ("ignore = Name *.o" in
the profile), Unison gives the following error message.

   Error: Two or more files on a case-sensitive system have names
identical except for case.  They cannot be synchronized to a
case-insensitive file system. (foo.o)

It would appear that "ignore" is being ignored.

2. Same set up as above, but there is also a file called x:y (on either
the Linux or Mac side, or both).  Unison gives the following message.

   Error: The name of this Unix file is not allowed in Windows/OSX (x:y)

This may not be allowed in Windows, but as far as I can tell this is a
perfectly legal OSX file name.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/26EolB/TM