List:       unison-users
Subject:    [unison-users] MacOS X issues: ssh authentication and colons in filenames
From:       "ccshan_2138" <ken () DIGITAS ! HARVARD ! EDU>
Date:       2004-04-25 18:51:12

Hello,

I am using Unison 2.9.74 on MacOS X (10.3.3).

I couldn't get Unison to let ssh ask me for my password -- either my
password on the remote account or the passphrase for a locally stored
private key.  If I try to synchronize with any remote account
requiring authentication, the Unison GUI simply hangs.

Another problem concerns colons in file names.  Unison is worried that
MacOS X's native file system does not allow colons in names.  Indeed,
the Finder refuses to let me rename any file to a name that contains
a colon.  However, names with colons work just fine on the command
line, and is necessary for email messages stored in the maildir format
(of qmail).  Would it be possible to alleviate Unison's worries in
this regard?

Thank you,
Ken

Yahoo! Groups Links