List:       unison-users
Subject:    Re: [unison-users] windows unison server socket trouble
From:       "Max Bowsher" <mb632 () ukf ! net>
Date:       2004-02-29 22:11:35

Dave Warren wrote:
> Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>>> server :
>>> unison.win32-textui.exe -socket 48000
>>
>> Use "unison.win32mingw.exe" instead.

> What is the difference?  I'm not seeing any documentation about
> unison.win32mingw.exe anywhere... (Or at least, Google isn't)

One is compiled with Microsoft Visual C++.
The other is cross-compiled by GNU gcc running on Cygwin, using the MinGW
includes and libraries.

I've no idea why Microsoft's compiler produces a subtly buggy executable.
Since gcc produces a working executable, I don't think anyone has bothered
to debug it.

Max.

Yahoo! Groups Links