List:       unison-users
Subject:    [unison-users] Newbie: win32 UNC path problem
From:       Dave Warren <maillist () devilsplayground ! net>
Date:       2004-02-19 4:11:30

Welp, I'll admit it, I'm a newbie.  I finished reading TFM a few minutes
ago and decided to try it out.

I have a small network of win32 machines, four to six users, and just
need to synchronize a few sets of files between machines.  I've been
able to get everything working using the following command line,

unison.win32-textui.exe "c:\Documents and Settings\Dave\My Documents"
C:\Temp -batch -fastcheck true

But when I try a more "real world" test,

unison.win32-textui.exeunison.win32-textui.exe "c:\Documents and
Settings\Dave\My Documents" "\\dragon\dave\My Documents" -batch
-fastcheck true

It gets part way through, then spits out a few of these errors and
deletes the temporary files.  Some files end up synchronized, but most
do not.  I haven't established a pattern yet.

Failed: Error in renaming //dragon/dave/My
Documents/.#Signatures.0.unison.tmp to //dragon/dave/My
Documents/Signatures:

I have an active directory domain controller, authentication should not
be an issue, I have full rights on the folders on both sides, and full
rights on the share itself as well.

I've spent a while searching, but YahooGroups' search engine and I don't
always get along that well so I might have missed something.  I have
seen a few references to UNC paths though, and no mention of problems,
so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Windows 2000 server, Windows XP client, latest -stable release of unison.

Any thoughts?

--
Dave Warren,
  Email/MSN MSG:  dave.warren@devilsplayground.net