List:       unison-users
Subject:    Re: [unison-users] Unison on 4 Computers?
From:       David T-G <davidtg-unison () justpickone ! org>
Date:       2003-09-30 20:32:23

Micholas --

...and then stormyforty said...
%
% Anyone using Unison to synch between 4 CPU's across a LAN, or WAN, in

Well, unison can be made to talk one at a time to as many other machines
as you want (or even to talk to itself on the same machine).  You could
run your sync from one computer to each of three, or in two pairs of
which one syncs with one of the other, or in a round robin, or ...

The only thing of which to beware is that you have only one unison
process running at a time on a machine.  As I understand it, you can't
even synchronize local root A with remote root A while syncing local root
B with remote root B, no matter on what machine remote B lives.

I'd sure love to see that "fixed", because there are about half a dozen
roots on my web server, some very large, that I'd like to have my home
server sync while also syncing from other household computers.  I am able
to have one central computer control all of the syncing, even, but it
seems that that doesn't cut it.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.