List:       unison-users
Subject:    Re: [unison-users] Mac vs. Linux
From:       Hubertus Hiden <hubertus () hiden ! org>
Date:       2003-09-29 19:10:25

Hi Jeff !

I've had exactly the same problem a few days ago !!!

The only difference was that I'm using Win2k and Debian Woody
Somewhere on this list I encountered a message about this problem where
someone sayed that it's solved with the latest beta.

The explanation of this problem is quite simple:
Runnig unison -version (with a 2.9.20) on the Debian box reported
something like - hey I'm not running on a MaxOSX !
When starting unison the other pc seems to be asked about his version of
unison.
And instead of 2.9.20 the string - "Hey i'm not running on a MacOSX -
2.9.20" or something like that returns.

So I grapped Ocaml from their website (the link can be found in the
unison manual)
and because I was curios I compiled ocaml from the source without any
troubles.
Since I don't want to use the latest betas I downloaded  the source of
2.9.20.
Somewhere in the source (I don't have access to this pc at the moment) I
encountered the message mentioned above.
I removed this output and compiled.

Well and since yesterday i'm using unison 2.9.20 between a win2k and
debian box.

Hope it helps,
Hubertus

Mit freundlichen Grüßen