List:       unisog
Subject:    [unisog] removing root Domain controller of AD2K domain/forest
From:       m.farrukh () auckland ! ac ! nz (Mumtaj Farrukh)
Date:       2005-06-15 23:00:27

Hi,

We have two domains in the forest. Root domain A have two DC, Child domain B
have 3 DC in production environment. I have to remove root domain controller
of both domain to return h/w.

How AD will behave if both DC would be shut down without decommissioning
?after moving all FISMO roles to other live DC?s of the domain? Or what
would be best approach for smooth run of AD even after removing these root
DCs?

Please share your knowledge if anyone has previous of similar type of
situation.

Regards,

MF

 Mumtaj Farrukh Khawaja

Directory Service Administrator

ITSS, The University of Auckland.

Rm G01 76 Symonds Street
The University of Auckland,
Private Bag 92019
Auckland 1020

*: +64-9-3737-599 x 84462

Mobile: +64-21-678-685

? Email:   <mailto:m.farrukh at auckland.ac.nz> m.farrukh at auckland.ac.nz

www.ITSS.auckland.ac.nz <http://www.itss.auckland.ac.nz/>

gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

"Soft voice and sweet smile can win the world....Keep smiling it doesn't
cost much." --Unknown clown