List:       uddi4j-general
Subject:    [Uddi4j-general] uddi and wsdl
From:       Anuj Agrawal <agrawal () lucent ! com>
Date:       2001-10-09 12:08:20

I'm afraid this is not specific to the uddi4j API, but i wasn't sure where
else to turn.

Can someone pls explain (or point me to a good resource - haven't found any
"good" ones so far) what i do with a WSDL file once i've generated it? ermm..
let me re-phrase..

1. If i hand-create a WSDL file representing my service, do i "submit" this
file to the UDDI server for further processing (automatic population of the
various fields)?  Or ...??

2. I didn't really see any reference to the WSDL file in the UDDI4J API - so
does that mean that when i use the UDDI4J API, i would not be utilizing a WSDL
file?

3. If someone goes to the UDDI registry, do they see the WSDL file?  Or does
the registry do something with the WSDL file?

I guess i'm trying to understand how these 2 (UDDI and WSDL) work together.
How does one use the other and vice versa?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Anuj.