List:       uddi4j-general
Subject:    [Uddi4j-general] UDDI4J bug fixes
From:       "David Melgar" <dmelgar () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2001-06-04 18:05:41

I've created a new release named "nightly". There isn't really a nightly
build. The intent of this release is to contain the latest code even if it
is not stable enough to be a numbered release, or if the changes are so
minor that it does not deserve its own numbered release.

This update contains an important fix to the code that serializes objects
to and from XML. The code was getting confused if elements of the same
tagname occured at multiple levels in the XML node tree.  A large number of
files have been modified for this fix.

A second fix corrects the required fields constructor when passing in a
vector of strings mapping to string only elements.

I've tested the fix with some local test programs and some submitted,
previously failing programs. I'd like to encourage everyone who has
reported a problem to give this build a try and let us know if there are
any remaining or new problems.

David Melgar
Web Services Toolkit Development
Emerging Technologies