List:       uddi4j-general
Subject:    Re: [Uddi4j-general] requested feature: Contact methods
From:       "David Melgar" <dmelgar () us ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2001-02-28 14:27:28

The descriptions issue evolved. Throughout the rest of the code, the
getXXXStrings methods are added when retrieving elements that contains
nothing but a string. If the element contains multiple attributes, it
generally does not have a getXXXStrings method.
Descriptions evolved otherwise due to misinterpretation of the schema. The
schema does not indicate any other attributes for description, however UDDI
makes use of the language attribute that is available within XML. The
language attribute was added to the Description object after the fact.
The getDescriptionStrings method is an issue. It is misleading. Folks think
that it is a vector of lines of a description. That is not true. Each
string represents a different language, and you can't figure that out from
the vector. The first element in the vector is the default (english)
description.
I've been thinking about removing the getDescriptionStrings methods.
Replacing with a getDefaultDescriptionString method.

Andrew Hately/Austin/IBM@IBMUS@dwoss.lotus.com on 02/28/2001 12:34:22 AM

Sent by:  uddi4j-general-admin@dwoss.lotus.com