List:       ucsimm
Subject:    Re: [uCsimm] ARM port
From:       "D. Jeff Dionne" <jeff () lineo ! ca>
Date:       2000-12-17 17:07:17

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Erwin Authried wrote:

> There seem to be some problems with the current ARM port from
> cvs.uclinux.org. At startup, the EBI control registers are initialized with
> Lineo version...
> offical kernel source for *all* architectures, otherwise the development

The uClinux.org site is the "official" version, since I am the
maintainer.  It (just) happens to be Lineo sponsored.  Please send me
patches relative to it, since that's the one that will be used going
forward.  It is also the basis for the pending uClinux 2.4 release (on the
BSP side).

> will drift apart even more, making it more difficult to merge all the
> versions together.

Yes, I agree.  But I do move people's cheese.  	In this case, the ARM tree
underwent a substantial reorg, and I'm actually not done with that
yet.  It's going to end up looking like the m68knommu arch in all the
other architectures as well (arch/$ARCH/platform/$PLATFORM/$BOARD
directory tree).  Unfortunately, the drivers will need to be moved over by
the various port maintainers.

Jeff.