List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: [uClinux-dev] How to enable USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD for embedded target?
From:       Steve deRosier <derosier () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-10-02 23:36:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Gavin Lambert <gavinl@compacsort.com> wrote:

> Quoth Steve deRosier:
> > Can anyone tell me the "proper" or "accepted" way to enable
> CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD
> > for my embedded uClinux project?
> [...]
> > Obviously this is a board-specific thing, not a "generic linux" thing, so
> what's the
> > better way of doing this?
>
> You should have a board-specific directory in the "vendors" tree, and have
> that selected as your current board via the top-level uClinux makefile
> (CAUTION: if you change the board selection it will replace your current
> .config files and do a clean rebuild, so make sure you've saved your
> current
> ones elsewhere if you need to change the selected board and have changes
> you
> wish to preserve).
>
> One of the options in the top-level makefile's config menu is to save your
> modified .config files to the vendors folder as the new defaults for that
> board.  (Or if you want to do it manually, look at the existing vendor
> folders.  The naming conventions for the default config files should
> hopefully be obvious.)

Thanks Gavin.  I had tried that.  The problem is, this particular flag is
not a user-selectable one, and even if I enable it by directly editing the
vendors/.../config.linux, it always gets undone when I actually go and
configure my kernel.  This option seems to be forcibly enforced by the
Kconfig.  There's got to be some way to keep it without hacking the Kconfig.

Thanks,
- Steve