List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: [uClinux-dev] dlink dir-100
From:       Alan Carvalho de Assis <acassis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-07-24 19:56:38

Hi Quiliro,

On 7/24/12, Quiliro Ord=F3=F1ez <quiliro@congresolibre.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I understand that dlink dir-100 router has mCLinux on it.

Yes, it has:
ftp://ftp.dlink.se/Products/dir-products/DIR-100/drivers_firmware/

> Has anyone tried to install a modified version on it?
> Can all the software have its source code or does some part come in
> binary only?
> What is the procedure to install a new version that has the most
> possible amount of source code available and that can keep the services
> that the router has and include squid?

I suggest you to take a look at OpenWRT, it is tailored to wireless routers.

I didn't find OpenWRT port for DIR-100, but there is a port for
DIR-120 which uses same processor Realtek RTL8650, then you could use
it as a start point.

Best Regards,

Alan