List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    RE: [uClinux-dev] char device driver interfacing to 32 bit wide
From:       "David Wooff" <David.Wooff () calrec ! com>
Date:       2010-01-13 11:34:55

> Is this an Altera FPGA ?
Thanks Michael,
I probably should have ellaborated a little more.  It is an Altera FPGA
as it happens, but it's irrelevant really because I'm running uClinux on
an ARM processor talking to the FPGA, so I could have said simply
"device".  There is no NIOS or Avalon buss involved.  The function of
the FPGA is naturally 32 bits wide so I don't want to alter it just to
allow it to accept byte wide accesses (I don't think we have connected
byte strobes to the FPGA in any case so it would be impossible with the
hardware without nodification).  I have just realised that this sort of
thing is done using ioctls in LDD3 so I may have found an answer to my
own (perhaps slightly premature) question.  Sorry for the newbieness.

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for the \
addressee(s). If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or \
take any action in reliance of this email.  If you have received this email in error \
please notify the sender as soon as possible. Any views expressed within this email \
may not necessarily be the views held by Calrec Audio Ltd.  Calrec Audio Ltd have \
taken measures to ensure this email is free from computer viruses, however it is \
recommended that you also employ anti-virus measures on your computer systems. Calrec \
Audio Ltd. Registered in England. Registration number: 02392336. WEEE registration \
number: WEE/JE0051TQ/PRO. Registered address: Nutclough Mill, Hebden Bridge, West \
Yorks, HX7 8EZ.