List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    [uClinux-dev] uCsimm build
From:       "Larry Adams" <adamsll () frii ! com>
Date:       2009-11-20 5:07:13

I dug out my old uCsimm from 1999 and thought I would see if I could get it
going.  I looked at using embedded Linux way back then and it wasn't really
up to snuff for hard real time control and went with a commercial RTOS (RTXC
on MC68332 and MPC555).  Looks like embedded Linux is now mainstream, so
thought I would take another looks at it.  I haven't tried using the stuff
on the original CD yet.  I downloaded and installed on Ubuntu 9.10 the
m68k-uclinux-tools-20061214.sh and uClinux-dist-20090618.tar.bz2.  I can
make the config per the instructions, but using default lib configuration, I
get lots of errors starting in lxdialog/checklist. Has anyone succesfully
built an application for the uCsimm with these tools and distribution?  I
though I might try using the ones from the original CD and see if they work
with Ubuntu next.
Thanks, Larry