List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: [uClinux-dev] who has experiments on Sigma8622 platform
From:       Jamie Lokier <jamie () shareable ! org>
Date:       2009-07-15 21:20:20

Su Zhenbing wrote:
> Jamie, Thanks alot. It's compile paremeter issue. I got GoAhead
> webserver work on the board.
>
> I try to cross compile vsftpd and encounter some lib issue. And for
> Transmission and QTE... so many problems.. It's so sad...

Transmission and QTE are complicated things to get working.
Try something much simpler first.

Cross compiling often has problems.  Also porting applications and
libs to uClinux often has a few problems, because it's not the same as
standard Linux.

You need to use a uClinux distribution or something like it, which is
designed to work on uClinux.  I don't think uClinux-dist has the
programs you want, but it's a good beginning.

I don't use a distribution myself, having only problems with the ones
I tried and much better results with my own build scripts, so I can't
recommend any :-)

-- Jamie