List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    [uClinux-dev] Frambuffer console on LPC
From:       "Schullcke Benjamin" <schullcb () hs-furtwangen ! de>
Date:       2009-04-10 16:13:24

Hello,

I am using the Olimex LPC2478-Stk development board with uClinux. The console
is mapped to the serial port and I am trying to see the console output on the
LCD. The board comes with a framebuffer which seems to work. I configured the
uClinux kernel so that fbcon is compiled and virtual terminal also.
I start uClinux with u-boot. To enable the output to the console I changed the
kernel command line so that 'console=tty0'. The problem is that I do NOT see
any text on the LCD. I see the penguin bootup logo and I can even turn it
around be setting 'fbcon=rotate:1' but still no text is visible.

I am quite new to uClinux so maybe I did something completely wrong, but I
think that the error somehow depends on the function you can see below. The
function is declared in fbcon.c. The problem is that I do not understand where
the function of the function pointer ops->putcs function is defined. Maybe it
is nowhere defined? Could that be? Cause I can not find it.

static void fbcon_putcs(struct vc_data *vc, const unsigned short *s,
			int count, int ypos, int xpos)
{
	struct fb_info *info = registered_fb[con2fb_map[vc->vc_num]];
	struct display *p = &fb_display[vc->vc_num];
	struct fbcon_ops *ops = info->fbcon_par;

	if (!fbcon_is_inactive(vc, info))
		ops->putcs(vc, info, s, count, real_y(p, ypos), xpos,
			   get_color(vc, info, scr_readw(s), 1),
			   get_color(vc, info, scr_readw(s), 0));
}

Does anybody have an idea how I can see the console output on my LCD?
Thanks.

Regards, Ben