List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    [uClinux-dev] Newbee question
From:       James Robinson <jmrobinson3 () verizon ! net>
Date:       2009-04-06 19:26:59

Hello list,
I am trying to work with the Renesas H8/300 tools under Kubuntu 8.10.
When I get the latest source, the tools are looking for h8300-linux-elf not
the h8300-elf that is on the web page. I tried to rebuild the tools set, but
due to increased compliance to standards in the new compiler on kubuntu, I
can't build the 3.2.2 version....
So.....
I have build the latest tools ....
Binutils 2.19.1
 configure --target=h8300-linux-elf --prefix=/opt/gnutools

Gcc 4.3.3
 configure --target=h8300-linux-elf --prefix=/opt/gnutools --with-gnu-as
--with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --languages="c,c++"

Gdb 6.8
 configure --target=h8300-linxu-elf --prefix=/opt/gnutools --disable-werror

I am now able to start the build with the 2.4.x kernel, but I am failing
with errors in the signal.c under the arch/h8300/kernel due to the use of
the "const" for variable that are being set...
With a little hacking I have managed to get to the linking stage of the
kernel and I am now getting unresolved errors.
Soooooo.........
All I would like to do is build with the latest version of uClinux and the
2.6.x kernel for the h8/300 simulator or simple board.
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
James