List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    [uClinux-dev] Using sysfs in platform driver
From:       Remco Poelstra <remco.poelstra () duran-audio ! com>
Date:       2008-06-27 12:57:49

Hi,

I've been working on an I2S driver for an ARM processor. I want some
variables to be set at runtime by the user and I thought sysfs would be
the best way to go.
I've read all articles I could find on the internet and the Linux Device
Drivers book 3rd edition. Still, I've barely have a clue of what the
driver has to do to get itself properly registered with sysfs/the device
model.
Do I need to register the driver? Or only the device? Or does the
platform bus manage the device details for me?
Where do I have to put the real hardware initialisation code? I
understand that the device model can do some kind of matching, but I
don't see how that is appropriate for me, since the I2S system is
integrated on the uC.
Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Remco Poelstra