List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: [uClinux-dev] The state of QSPI on Coldfire
From:       Greg Ungerer <gerg () snapgear ! com>
Date:       2008-06-27 0:37:31

Hi Peter,

Peter Turczak wrote:
> currently there are three drivers for the Coldfire QSPI interface in the
> test-release. All of them are broken in varying degrees, so I am working
> to get at least one running smoothly. Mike Lavenders latest Driver
> (spi_coldfire.c), which was also annouced in this list, seems to be the
> best candidate for the job.
>
> Today I managed to get it building, while not being able to test it on
> real hardware because of time constraints. The Problems I found and hope
> to have fixed are:
> - Adapting it to the completely revamped workqueue API, I took some
> HiSax driver and a LWN article as a reference
> - The SA_INTERRUPT flag for request_irq seems to be gone, not being able
> to find any reference what to pass here, I used 0 (zero) as an interim
> value.

The modern equivalent is IRQF_DISABLED. See the flag definitions
in linux-2.6.x/include/linux/interrupt.h (named with IRQF_).

> My questions are:
> - What are suitable values for flags passed to request_irq, this whole
> function seems to be platform dependant but I can't find any
> implementation in arch/m68knommu
> - There is a reason for irq not being initialized in
> coldfire_spi_probe() ? Look for a line like
> =========================
> out_error_irq_alloc:
>         free_irq(irq, drv_data);
> =========================
> the compiler and me cannot see any initialization of irq in the whole
> function. Maybe a bug, or just a dummy-variable?

Looks broken to me too. I think the irq variable should be
removed, and that free_irq should be free_irq(platform_info->irq_vector).

> Greg: Would you agree to remove the older, even more broken mcf_qspi.c
> driver?

Yep, for sure. Does spi_coldfire.c driver work on the SPI interface
contained on all ColdFire parts?

Regards
Greg