List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: [uClinux-dev] Support for ncurses?
From:       Greg Ungerer <gerg () snapgear ! com>
Date:       2007-08-28 4:42:32

Hi,

glhs329@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm currently using uClinux-dist-20070130, and am trying to find a
> lightweight package that provides something equivalent to readline.
> Some of the packages I've looked at want ncurses, but I'm confused
> about its support in uClinux. I see it listed as an option in the
> 'Library Configuration' menu, but there's no source in 'lib' and no
> references to it in lib/Makefile. However, I did see references to
> ncurses being used on blackfin uClinux, which makes it all the more
> puzzling that I can't find it in the main uClinux tree.

It used to be that ncurses was included in older uClinux-dist packages
that also included glibc (the code  was in uClinux-dist/glibc/ncurses).
But glibc is no longer in the dist. And I doubt that it was ever
usable for the non-mmu targets, even in that older code.

> Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm sure I can add it to my tree,
> but I think blackfin has already figured out how to do it to their
> tree.

Don't know about the blackfin package.

Regards
Greg