List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    [uClinux-dev] shared libs, lost errno
From:       "Jate Sujjavanich" <jsujjavanich () syntech-fuelmaster ! com>
Date:       2007-08-27 19:07:04

I have recently started experimenting with the Codesourcery toolchain
4.2, shared libraries and uClinux-dist. The kernel is 2.4.x. Our
programs have worked so far, except for one using pthreads. It makes
some system calls, specifically to mkfifo. It should be returning an
EEXIST, but instead it returns a -1 with errno=0.

I BDM'ed the kernel, and mknod definitely detects the EEXIST. It's being
lost somewhere. I can still run the statically linked program without
this problem. This suggests something with the implementation of shared
libs and the storage of variables. This could have to do with thread
local storage (a new concept to me).

If you have experience with this, please let me know. If no one knows, I
will soon be crossposting to the uClibc list and/or Codesourcery.

- Jate S.