List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    =?gb2312?B?tPC4tDogW3VDbGludXgtZGV2XSBXaGF0J3MgcHJvYmxlbXMgYWJvdXQgJy8=?=
From:       "Darwin Chen" <PStudio () 21cn ! com>
Date:       2007-01-30 4:08:41

Dear Greg£¬

Thank you.
I found the problem when I read your mail. The problem is not /sbin/init or
kernel. The problem is /dev/console. The default console device file is
named '@console,c,5,1', it is not suitable for uClinux-2.4.x for i386. It
should be 'console'. After I make the node with 'mknod console c 5 1', the
system is fine.

Thanks again.

Darwin.

-----ÓʼþÔ­¼þ-----
·¢¼þÈË: uclinux-dev-bounces@uclinux.org [mailto:uclinux-dev-bounces@uclinux.
org] ´ú±í Greg Ungerer
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2007Äê1Ô 30ÈÕ 7:48
ÊÕ¼þÈË: uClinux development list
Ö÷Ìâ: Re: [uClinux-dev] What's problems about '/sbin/init'?

Hi Darwin,

Darwin Chen wrote:
> I¡¯m a fresh man in uClinux, I have configured the uClinux with VIA/EPIA
> and i386-linux-gcc( V3.4.3), and build them successfully,
>
> A CDROM based uClinux system is well to study, so, I configure the
> isolinux as following:
>

> default Linux
> label Linux
> Kernel bzImage
> append vga=normal root=/dev/hdc
>

> the root is the VMWare Virutal IDE CDROM. And all programs are builded
> with ¨Cstatic options.
>
> The system stopped when listed the following texts:
>
> What's problem about the ¡®/sbin/init¡¯?

Its not /sbin/init that is the problem, the kernel cannot
find a console device.

Do you have the PC console enabled in the kernel?
Look for messages in the boot log.

Regards
Greg