List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    [uClinux-dev] non-interactive "make default-config"?
From:       "Wolf, Josef" <josef.wolf () siemens ! com>
Date:       2006-10-26 11:46:00

Hello!

I want to fully automate my build process.  But unfortunately,
"make menuconfig" is an interactive step.  So I want to replace
the "make menuconfig" step by some sort of "make default-config"
and subsequent changes (either sed/perl scripts or applying patches)
to the generated .config file.

All in all, this boils down to two slightly different problems:

1. Generate the default .config.  AFAIK, it's not enough to simply
   copy a pre-generated .config, because new config options might be
   added by new kernel versions.  But there must already be a solution
   to this problem, since "make menuconfig" needs to do the same if it
   is asked to do it.

2. The generated/changed .config needs to be parsed and the tree must be
   configured somehow to reflect the changes.  Is there anything that
   needs to be run before "make dep" is run?

Anyone already done this?  Or does a solution already exist and I just
don't see it?