List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    RE: [uClinux-dev] PATCH: speedup of flash writing (cfi_cmdset_0002.c)
From:       Erwin Authried <eauth () softsys ! co ! at>
Date:       2006-04-27 13:04:49

Am Donnerstag, den 27.04.2006, 14:37 +0200 schrieb Falk Brettschneider:
> [...]

from the MTD people, 2.4 support has been totally dropped, there aren't
even backports.

>From http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/source.html#kernelversions:

<QUOTE>
As of March 2005 we dropped Linux 2.4 support from CVS head. This means
we no longer care whether the CVS code can be used on Linux 2.4 or not.

As of April 2006 we stopped using CVS altogether and switched to a GIT
tree based on the current 2.6 kernel. You may be able to massage the
current code to work in older kernels, if you have a sufficient supply
of illegal narcotics that you actually desire such a thing. Please don't
ask us about it though."
</QUOTE>

In my opinion, this is lightyears away from reality, at least if you
consider uClinux where 2.6 can't be considered stable or isn't available
at all for many architecures.

Regards,
Erwin