List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    [uClinux-dev] local single-platform version of uclinux_dist
From:       "Falk Brettschneider" <falk.brettschneider () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-11-18 8:41:36

Hi,
for convinience we have a local copy of CVS module "uclinux_dist" here
shared around some developers. But since we only need a small part of the
whole file tree (microblaze platform, most features off) I hacked the build
system a bit with the aim of being able to locally remove everything from
the local cvs copy that is not needed here. Finally, it works now. That way
the size of uclinux_dist was reduced from 1GB to 60MB (=5%!). There were
just a few places to changes, the break-through change was in
scripts/Menuconfig to trick 'make menuconfig'. If you are interested in that
I could try to reproduce what I've changed. The disadvantage of the whole
thing is that 'make menuconfig'&kernelcompilation doesn't grumble about
missing code anymore although it may been selected in the menu.
Cheers,
F@lk