List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: [uClinux-dev] Stacking Device driver modules
From:       Zachary Landau <kapheine () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-29 18:10:00

> I have written a userland app to interface with the qspi driver included in
> the kernel which talks to a device, gets information, formats it, and
> displays it.  I want to write a device driver that would form a protocol
> stack with the qspi driver containing all the communications based part of
> the project.

If you do a search for 'SPI layer' in the uClinux mailing list
archives, you should find a thread about this.  A few people provided
layered MCF SPI support for 2.4.  The original author had two drivers
written in it and I have written one using it.  It seems to work well.
 I'm not sure if it is going to end up in the main tree or not,
though.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine@gmail.com>