List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    RE: [uClinux-dev] load address =! entry point
From:       "Friedrich, Lars" <lars.friedrich () wago ! com>
Date:       2005-04-29 9:13:07

> my command is bootm 80020000
> it's my load address and my entry point is 40000.
> it seems load address is my flash and entry point is
> my RAM.
> When i make it equal, uClinux don't load.
> so my bootloader copy and uncompress uClinux at
> 80020000 to 40000, then it executes uClinux at 40000!?

This is the mailing list for uClinux kernel and
distribution development. What your bootloader does
or not or when or how is to 97% offtopic here.

But as I don't want to be responsible that Wolfgang
shreds you into tiny little pieces for not reading
the bootloader FAQ, I'll just quote
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/HowCanILoadAndUncompressACompressedImage
for you:

"When you use the bootm command for such an image, U-Boot will
automatically uncompress the code while it is storing it at
that image's load address in RAM (given by the -a option to
the mkimage command).

As to the second question, by default, unless you say differently,
U-Boot will automatically start the image by jumping to its entry
point (given by the -e option to mkimage) after loading it."

Best regards,
Lars Friedrich