List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: [uClinux-dev] An Interrupt Question about ide?
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <mwelwarsky () web ! de>
Date:       2004-08-24 13:08:38

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 14:10, lmh wrote:
> Hi All,
>    I have a question wana to ask for some advices.
>    There are two ext-intr sources in my board(arm940t cpu:s3c2500),one come
> from ide named intr-1, the other come from my mpeg4 encode chip(intime co
> ltd's ime6410) named intr-0. To my video encode chip,the interrput comes
> very frequently.Nearly every 40 ms comes about 20 succeeds interrputs,each
> inturrupt space 220 us and i need 200 us to deal it. At the same time, i
> need access my uclinux ide (by PIO model). I found when i start hd copy
> (like 'cp') or another action which will cause any very frequently ide
> interrupt's, my video intr will be "killed" -- don't answer interrupt .

IDE disables interrupts for a fairly long time. try hdparm's -u option to
unmask interrupts during interrupt processing.

It's still somewhat strange that the encoder chip needs 20 interrupt services
to process one video frame. You'd expect one interrupt every 40ms, i.e. after
it encoded one frame, but not 20 of them every 40ms...

regards,
	matthias