List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: [uClinux-dev] Error:cannot open W_RODAT: No such file or directory
From:       Phil Wilshire <philwil () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-08-29 13:28:08

HI Kunal,

1.  You have to install the tools as root in /usr/local/bin

If you wan to change the tool location to
/home/user1/PCC2/tools/bin/ then you should build them yourself with a modified prefix.

2. With the tools in the correct location all you should have to do is use the
-Wl,-elf2flt compiler option.

You may have to also use -lc and specify the library location with a -L option

3. If you install and build the uClinux-dist as well you will have all the libs in the correct place

m68k-elf-gcc -o test -Wl,-elf2flt -L/home/user1/PCC2/uClinux-dist/lib/uClibc/lib -lc

regards
  Phil Wilshire

Kunal Sachdeva wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am newbie atleast on debugging an application on MCF5282 evaluation board using gdbserver. I
> am trying to build a simple application.
> I am using:
> RedhatLinux 9.0
> gcc-2.95.3.tar.gz
> uClibc-20030314
> binutils-2.10
> uClinux-dist-20030522.tar.gz
> I have been successful with the installation of toolchain but am stuck at making flat files by hand.
> Below is the command that I gave from
> http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/m68k-elf-tools/README-20030314
>
> /home/user1/PCC2/tools/bin/m68k-elf-ld.real -T /home/user1/PCC2/tools/m68k-elf/lib/elf2flt.ld -o
> test.gdb test.elf
> I get an error "cannot open W_RODAT: No such file or directory". I really have no idea whats
> W_RODAT. I looked at some mailing lists but of no use. If anyone has any idea about whats
> happening then please enlighten me too.
> Thanks for the continous support.
> Greetings
> -Kunal

SDCS -- System Design & Consulting Services LLC, http://www.sysdcs.com
** Embedded Linux Training **  email me for details
630 Springhouse Sq., Leesburg VA 20175 t: 703 669 9766 f: 703 669 9768