List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    [uClinux-dev] User Application: Permission denied.
From:       "Muhammad Usman Tahir" <tahir () snom ! de>
Date:       2002-03-28 15:49:08

Hi,

I've an MCF 5206 system with 8MB RAM and having 2.0.38 uClinux kernel
running fine with basic apps like shell, dhcpcd etc. I've added  one of my
applications in '/user/my_app' and it has been successfully compiled and
linked to generate a binary. I then modified 'rc' script to run this app by
do_rc from init. On execution it says :

Command: my_app
my_app: Permission denied.

and then continues with the next item in 'rc'.

I have checked all the permissions for the binary of my_app in the
'romfs/bin' and have even forced it to be executable but the error message
remains the same. I tried to copy the file attribs from the running dhcpcd
app but still ended up with the same result.

I should add here that I bypassed the generation of elf file while
compilation and linked to get a flat binary directly with -elf2flt option in
m68k-elf-gcc. (I had lots of problems with elf2flt and searching through the
archives I found this work around to what seems to be a common problem). I
think this should not have caused any problem as long as I don't need an elf
file for my_app, which I don't.

Any idea how I can get my_app really working without this message? Shall I
try some other method to start my_app? Thanks in advance for the all the
help.

Regards,
Usman.

This message resent by the uclinux-dev@uclinux.org list server http://www.uClinux.org/