List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: [uClinux-dev] busybox for ARM
From:       kj_lin () accton ! com ! tw
Date:       2002-01-31 1:07:41

The version of toolchain i used is from
http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/m68k-elf-tools but was downloaded about
one month ago.
Perhaps this is so called "old" version.

If busybox is compiled by this version of tool, the problem we discussed

will occur.

But i replaced the original uClibc of the tool by the newest version of

uClibc,

the problem was solved.

As to the "new" version of tool, i will still try it.

KJ

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

                      David McCullough          To:       uclinux-dev@uclinux.org     \

                      <davidm@snapgear.c        cc:                                   \

                      om>                       Subject:  Re: [uClinux-dev] busybox \
                for ARM
                      Sent by:                                                        \

                      owner-uclinux-dev@                                              \

                      uclinux.org                                                     \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

                      2002/01/30 11:22                                                \

                      AM                                                              \

                      Please respond to                                               \

                      uclinux-dev                                                     \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

Jivin kj_lin@accton.com.tw lays it down ...
> > This is most certainly true of the older tools (if you call one month
ago
> > old ;-)
> >
> > The latest tools/binfmt_flat combo have this problem fixed.  It now uses
> > _start as the start of the program even if it isn't the first address in
> > the program.
>
> Hi davidm,
>
> Is the latest tools which fix the problem the
> "arm-elf-tools-20011219.tar.gz" from
> http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/m68k-elf-tools?

Yes,  that should fix it,  let me know if it doesn't ;-)

Cheers,
Davidm

This message resent by the uclinux-dev@uclinux.org list server \
http://www.uClinux.org/