List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: [uClinux-dev] ./X out of Memory
From:       "Dimitris Tzenos" <dtzgr_uc () acmemail ! net>
Date:       2002-01-29 15:32:08

This desn't seem to be a problem with uClinux, but with your own
application...
Most probably it contains "malloc" statements for large amounts of
contiguous
memory or very large arrays or sth similar... But due to memory
fragmentation,
the kernel cannot serve this request, even if the system already has the
requested amount of memory...

Try reducing the contiguous chunks of memory that your application uses by
recoding these parts of your application.... This is the only thing I can
think of,
without knowing anything about your system or the application you are trying
run...

Good luck!:-)
Dimitris Tzenos

This message resent by the uclinux-dev@uclinux.org list server http://www.uClinux.org/