List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    [uClinux-dev] Semaphores
From:       Jeff Tucker <jeff-uclinux () wciatl ! com>
Date:       2001-10-31 19:14:22

Hi,

I'm running Linux 2.0.38 on a Coldfire platform. I need a simple semaphore
or mutex which can be used within a single application. I see that SYSV
style IPC is a kernel option, which makes me think that there must be a
more standard Linux way of doing this. I simply need to provide a handle
and a way to grab the semaphore, release the semaphore or wait on the
semaphore. (A mutex would work too).

My desktop 2.4 Linux system offers some other things but I don't think
they're supported in uCLinux. What's the standard way with the old kernel
of implementing these?

Thanks
Jeff

--