List:       uclinux-dev
Subject:    Re: SV: [uClinux-dev] BUilding on cygwin
From:       Mike Esch <mike () microtronix ! com>
Date:       2001-08-31 17:51:47

sorry folks for bringing up a 3-week old thread (just catching up on the
messages).

anyway, we're just putting the final touches on a Linux Development Kit
based on uClinux 2.0.38 and an Altera Nios.  because the Nios is a
"soft-core" CPU and the Altera tools for configuring it ("Quartus") are
predominatly Windows-based, we're releaseing the "official" version
under Cygwin and NT/2000.  so, yes, it is possible to build
kernel/libraries/apps in Cygwin.  we ran into a whole wack of minor
problems but i don't recall any real show-stoppers.

based on this thread, i think we'll try and document some of the trials
and tribulations in our FAQ...

ps my own host desktop is linux, i use vmware to run windows under which
i run cygwin to emulate linux...