List:       uclinux
Subject:    [UCLINUX] Symbolic debugging with GDB/GDBserver on ARM/uClinux
From:       "Thuys, Michiel" <michiel.thuys () intersil ! com>
Date:       2001-02-07 8:44:00

Hi All,

I am running uClinux on an ARM 9. For debugging, I am running gdb on the host
and gdbserver on the target. This enables me to step through the assembly code
and set breakpoints.

When I want symbolic debugging, I load the symbols from the ELF binary by
issuing the gdb command "add-symbol-file <address of entry point>". This way I
can step through the source code and I can inspect local variables. However, I
can't view global variables because the global symbols are mapped to the wrong
memory addresses.

Is there anybody who has this working correctly, i.e. can also view global
variables? If so, I'd like to know how!

Thanks,

Michiel Thuys