List:       uclinux
Subject:    [UCLINUX] New version of uClinux/ColdFire sources
From:       Greg Ungerer <gerg () moreton ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-08-02 8:01:31

Hi All,

I have just put up the latest sources for uClinux/ColdFire, at
http://www.moretonbay.com/coldfire/linux-coldfire.html
This one is version dated 20000802.

Big news is the code now supports the latest Motorola 5407 ColdFire
development boards!  This is a nice board and the ColdFire 5407 @
150 MHz is mighty fast. Measures in at 149 BogoMips :-)  I have also
put up a pre-made binary for this target.

Other recent additions include:

1. Support for kernel CPU profiling
2. Application level source debugging with gdb/gdbserver
3. New ported apps: ftp client, PPPoE, ISC dhcp, winsd, snmpd

The source level application debugging is nice. (This was quite
difficult
before, due to application relocation). Now it can all be done using
gdbserver and remote debugging with gdb.

Seeya
Greg