List:       uclinux
Subject:    [UCLINUX] GUI, Ncurses, LCDs?
From:       Jon Sharp <root () precisionservice ! com>
Date:       1999-09-12 22:58:49

Hello all,
I'm a novice programmer and I've just figured out how to get some of my
code to compile and run under Xcopilot, so now I'd like to work on getting
a good GUI/UI going.  I have a ucsimm on the way, and would love to get a
great GUI on it.  Anyway, as I said, I'm a novice, so the GUI thing (using
fb?) might be a little difficult, but I have some limited experience with
Ncurses, and I was wondering, how difficult it would be to port the
ncurses library to m68knommu?  With the "Pilot Console" kernel support,
and its light footprint, Ncurses might be a good UI idea.  Is it?  Of
course, I would prefer an actually GUI that used the full 320x240, so if
anyone can point me in the direction of learning how to hack that code,
I'd appreciate it.  I have looked briefly at both the nano-x/nanogui and
pgui code, but don't really know what I'm looking at, so I was wondering
what work is already being done on that code for uclinux/ucsimm?

Also, I'm still trying to determine which 320x240 LCD display to get for
my simm.  I would like to get something everyone else is using for the
larger base of support, so I'd love any suggestions.

Thanks,
Jon Sharp