List:       uclibc
Subject:    executable RPATH question
From:       "Steve Ellcey " <sellcey () imgtec ! com>
Date:       2015-01-29 23:28:41

While building uclibc for MIPS I ran into the issue of whether or not
the dynamic linker should use an executables rpath when searching for
its libraries.  Apparently the glibc dynamic linker does this, but the
uclibc one does not and back when this was discussed in 2011 the decision
was made not to change the uclibc behaviour because the ELF spec does not
say that the linker should do this.

At the risk of of reopening a closed issue I was wondering if we could
consider putting the code to do this in under an ifdef or a config option
so that those of us who want it could have it without having to maintain
a local patch for it.  If not, I will just maintain my local patch.

Original discussion:

http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2011-September/045757.html

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@imgtec.com