List:       uclibc
Subject:    [uClibc] Can't resolve symbol '__ctype_toupper_loc'
From:       jclark () metricsystems ! com (John Clark)
Date:       2005-05-26 15:19:59

bruma wrote:

>hi,
>
>I build my embedded filesytem with buildroot tool.
>I also add (cross compile) some additional apps to fs. For exaample lirc
>it working perfectly.
>
>But, with lcdproc I run into problem. When I start lcdproc client I get
>message "Can't resolve symbol '__ctype_toupper_loc'".
>
>How can I fix that?

I had this problem when I recompiled uClibc and had selected some set of
'LOCALE' options
which were different than the previous build of uClibc. The programs
compiled against the previous
version of uClibc, emitted this error, and I had to recompile all the
programs to eliminate
this compiletely.

John Clark