List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    [Probably the solution the OP is looking for] PhotoPrint
From:       Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users <ubuntu-users () lists ! ubuntu ! com>
Date:       2023-04-29 20:37:15

On Sat, 2023-04-29 at 16:17 -0400, Little Girl wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:
>
> > without reading the manuals I see shotwell providing a selection
> > box. It shows "fill the entire page", or "2,4,6,8,16,32 images per
> > page", but if I e.g. select "32 images per page" the preview shows 1
> > selected tiny pic in the top left corner of the page. Much likely 32
> > pics fit into the page, but I don't see an option to assign 32 pics.
>
> It might care how many images you have selected before you ever go
> into there. Maybe you have to select the images first and then go into
> there and click around.

Hi,

I was sure that I had done exactly that, when I did it just now the
preview actually showed the first 32 out of 33 selected images. At least
the print preview of shotwell does what the OP is looking for.

> > Btw. I installed and uninstalled kipi from non-official Arch repos. I
> > haven't done any research, didn't read a manual. Actually gwenview
> > didn't provide advanced printing options when kipi was installed.
> > The OP might have better luck, since it's provided by official Ubuntu
> > repositories. I will install and test it with my Ubuntu install, too.
>
> I haven't tested it, either, but this is where it supposedly is:
>
> Gwenview: Plugins -> Images -> Print Assistant -> Select page layout

I definitively did not use a menu named "Plugins". IIRC there was no
menu named "Plugins", but since I was sure that I selected several
photos before I looked at shotwell's print preview, I might be mistaken
here, too.

Regards,
Ralf