List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Screen Res Stuck
From:       Grizzly via ubuntu-users <ubuntu-users () lists ! ubuntu ! com>
Date:       2022-10-27 13:21:46

Hi

Ubuntu 22.04

I did have an nVidia card installed with drivers (340), but I removed it for
now (monitor wont start in winter)

After that I got stuck in a login endless loop

removed the nVidia drivers (drop to root, recovery consol)

now I can login and a desktop, but it's stuck at 640x480

lshw -c vidoes tell me I have the (MB) Intel i915 card running at 1600x900

I checked the mesa drivers

glxinfo |grep ("OpenGL version")

21.3.7 (IIRC as on another pc now)

any idea how to get res to the default 1600x900, or why the only setting
offered is 640x480 (and I cant see bottom of settings screen)