List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Re: WD My Cloud Home advice (solved)
From:       Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 () austin ! rr ! com>
Date:       2022-06-22 2:23:36

On 6/18/22 15:56, Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2022 15:06:36 -0500, Jay Ridgley wrote:
>> https://linuxserver.tips/en/install-debian-and-openmediavault-on-a-wd-my-cloud-home/
>
> Consider to add a comment. Mention that you run into an issue with
> firmware prior 7.16.0.-220.
>
> I doubt that a lot of Ubuntu users subscribers are able to provide help
> with jailbreaking a proprietary operating system.

Ralf,
After due consideration I abandoned my attempts to modify my WD Home
MyCloud. Instad I gave it to my son who does use Microsoft.

The interesting thing is my WD MYBook is back on line. I had the hard
drive checked and learned it is solid. After putting it back together
and discovering that it had a new IP address, it started working again.

All is well.

Thanks for the poke in the butt, I deserved it!

Cheers,
Jay

--
Jay Ridgley